THE PROWL

On the Prowl for the Truth

THE PROWL

THE PROWL

Teacher Profile – Ms. Shah

Ms.+Shah
Angela Graham
Ms. Shah

Q: Where did you go to college?

A: First, I went to Old Dominion University, then I transferred to Xavier University in New Orleans and then I got my masters from Loyola University.

Q: Would you recommend it for others?

A: Sure, absolutely! I think ODU has a great environment but there is also a good business department. Xavier University [of Louisiana] is [a Historical Black College/University]; there’s lots of culture in New Orleans and the business department is small because it’s more of a medical school but in the business department they really help you.

Q: Where/How did you find out about Indy? How long have you been teaching at Indy?

A: I heard about Indy from my career program. I was getting my license through Shenandoah University and I did my student teaching at John Champ and when this job was posted by Independence, I knew I wanted to come here since I heard about how great the school and principal is. This is my third year at Indy and my third year teaching in general. My first year was at Indy, and I hope my last year is here at Indy too!

Q: Why did you decide to be a business teacher?

A: In my career, I’ve spent 15 years in business and accounting so I figured if I wanted to be a teacher, why not teach something that I’ve been doing for a long time and am experienced in.

Q: What makes business an important subject?

A: No matter what career you decide to go into, you need to have some type of business understanding and how they work, which includes things like how you get paid from your job and building a resume so you can get that job and having interviewing skills. Especially accounting, which is the backbone of any business and makes it important to understand the basics of business.