Sam Davies-Tigers Taking the Next Step: Athletes Commit to College

Along+with+his+stellar+talent%2C+Sam+Davies%E2%80%99+life-long+dedication+to+baseball+has+earned+him+a+spot+at+the+collegiate+level.+The+Independence+senior+has+committed+to+play+Division+1+baseball+at+Saint+Joseph%E2%80%99s+University.++

Along with his stellar talent, Sam Davies’ life-long dedication to baseball has earned him a spot at the collegiate level. The Independence senior has committed to play Division 1 baseball at Saint Joseph’s University.

Q. What is your full name?

A. Sam Davies

Q. What grade are you in?

A. Senior

Q. Where did you commit for college?

A. Saint Joseph’s University

Q. How long have you been playing your sport for?

A. I’ve been playing baseball since I was 3.

Q. What has your athletic career looked like?

A. At first, I played Tee-Ball and Little League, then once I realized I wanted more competition, I started playing travel (club). I played catcher, first base, and outfield. Once I got to high school, I wanted to become a pitcher, so I worked and made varsity my freshman year. I continued to work hard, and I have turned into a much more experienced pitcher.

Q. When did you decide that committing for a sport was something you wanted to do?

A. During my sophomore year, I had realized that if I worked harder and harder, I could play the sport I love in college. During this time my performance took a jump, and I began to scope out where I could play in college.

Q. Do you have a favorite memory from this sport?

A. My favorite memory playing baseball so far is my first travel game this past summer after COVID cancelled the spring high school season, as I was overjoyed to get back on the field with the boys.

Q. What are you most looking forward to in college (sports or academics)?

A. When I get to St. Joe’s, I look forward to meeting my teammates for the next 4 years.