THE PROWL

On the Prowl for the Truth

THE PROWL

THE PROWL

Movie recommendations from Indy students to you 

Most of 2020 has been spent at home, and when at home, what’s better than binge-watching movies? Though, finding a good movie to watch can be a tiresome task. Here are some recommendations from your friends at Indy:

“This movie was my favorite because it was super interesting. ‘Nerve’ is a movie about how technology is addicting and can be controlling over your life even when you think that it won’t be. I also liked it because it’s really relatable to me and most people my age. I would give the movie 5 stars. I literally wanted to watch it again right after I finished watching it,” sophomore Kylie Boyle explained. 

‘Nerve’ is an action packed movie filled with life lessons. For starters don’t play games on your phone for money, it probably won’t end well. I love the actors in the movie and how they portrayed their characters. I haven’t read the book yet, but the movie was so good that I might have too. 

“‘Just Go With’ It is a funny comedy about the romance between Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. It’s my favorite movie because I thought all the actors really portrayed their character well, which made it super funny. I would definitely recommend this movie to a friend,” said sophomore, Ella Morris. 

Having watched this movie, I would have to agree. I laughed throughout the movie and have watched it multiple times. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler never cease to make me laugh. 

“Over quarantine, I was watching a movie every day, and my favorite was ‘Divergent.’ I liked the movie because of the characters and the action part of it. It is about a world that is divided into factions based on people’s personalities. Everyone is supposed to fit into one faction until a divergent (someone who fits into all the factions) comes along and changes everything. This movie was really awesome and action packed. I would give it four stars,” sophomore Katie Ravas explained. 

Divergent is one of my favorite book series. Normally, when a book is turned into a movie the movie just isn’t like the book, but not in this case. I absolutely loved the movie and would recommend it to anyone who read the book. 

“My favorite movie I watched over quarantine was ‘Silence Of The Lambs.’ I liked it a lot because it’s one of my favorite genres, crime and mystery. I would rate it 5 stars, the cinematography in the storyline is fantastic and complex,” sophomore Chloe Otto-Riccardi said. 

I am not one for the crime and mystery genre, but surprisingly I enjoyed this movie. I was trying to solve the mystery throughout the movie. It is a creepy movie, so if you don’t like being scared I wouldn’t recommend this movie. 

“‘Some Kind Of Wonderful’ is my favorite movie that I watched over quarantine because it made me feel happy during this time of loneliness. The movie is about a girl who secretly likes her best friend who is in love with someone else. I related to this movie because it really shows the importance of friendship and always being there for each other,” said sophomore Alexa Kessler. 

A classic theme: girl likes boy, boy likes someone else. I actually really liked this movie. It’s a classic theme for a classic movie. 

“I really liked ‘The Hunger Games’ because it had a great plot and it was very action packed. The movie is about a group of 24 people, chosen at a random draw. The 12 who are choses fight and try to survive on their own in an ecosystem locked away from others. This goes on until there is only one tribute left standing. I really enjoyed the characters and action in this movie, and would give it four stars,” said sophomore Anthony Paganin.

The Hunger Games was one of the first dystopian books I ever read, and when I found out there was a movie I couldn’t wait to watch it. All of the characters in the movie fit the image I created in my head of the characters in the book. I really enjoyed this movie, and would also give it four stars. 

“I watched ‘Before I Fall’ over quarantine. I liked the movie because it was really interesting and the ending was really sad. This movie was about a girl who dies and has to relive that day over and over again. As she relives the day she learns more about how she dies and more about her peers. I would give this movie five stars,” explained sophomore Maddie Wasaff. 

You would think a movie about the same day repeating itself would be boring, but this movie was very interesting. It’s a sad film, and I definitely cried at the end, but who doesn’t like a good movie to cry to.  

“I really liked this movie because it relates to the sport I play, and it links back to the history of softball. When the men have to join the army they bring women in to play baseball. At first no one comes to their games, but after they see that women can play just as good as the boys the crowds start to pour in. It is a really empowering movie and I loved watching it over quarantine,” sophomore Megan Davies said. 

‘A League Of Their Own’ really taught me about women empowerment. I watched this movie when I was around seven years old, and at that age I had no idea that women used to not be able to play the same sports as men. This movie showed me that I can do anything a man can do, and I shouldn’t give up my dreams. 

Being back in school takes up a lot of time, but sitting down to watch a movie once in a while never hurts. So pick a movie, get some popcorn and I hope you enjoy the film.