@indybadparking keeps students in line

@indybadparking keeps students in line

On Friday, Nov 12 a new Independence Instagram account surfaced. @indybadparking is an Instagram account where students from Independence send in pictures of their peers’ not-so-great parking anonymously. 

The account’s first posted was on November 12.

Since the launch of the account it has gained 641 followers and claimed 34 “victims”. The account was kicked off with the now infamous Tesla parking job by Kush Reddy, 12. 

Carly Van Benten’s parking job featured on the Indy Bad Parking account.

Another recent “victim” Carly Van Benten, (11) was featured after having her parking job sent in by one of her friends. “My parking job was a little bit crooked, and I didn’t feel like fixing it, so I left it. I thought it was very funny being featured.”

In an exclusive interview, the @indybadparking account, who would like to remain anonymous, stated that “We wanted to create this account for Indy Nation to be aware that parking is not something to be taken… lightly and as a school, we need to work together to fix the parking [at Indy].”

The attention it has gained has also come as no surprise, “We knew it would get this much attention because we knew it was funny,” they added.

The account also stated that the difference between them and their competitors is that “the other accounts are wannabe clout chasers. But we don’t do this for clout, we do it to make a change.”

With its fast attraction of followers, the Indy Bad Parking account expressed gratitude saying, “We appreciate all the support from the students and we love seeing Indy Nation bond over this fun account.”

At the end of the day, Indy Bad Parking’s “goal is to make parking better at Indy Nation . . . or keep it worse to be funny.”

This new account has encouraged others to start their own accounts such as @indybadhaircuts and @indy.fits but none have gathered as much following. A statement on the @indybadparking page stated that their account “and @indybadposture are the OGs. No further accounts need to be present.”