THE PROWL

On the Prowl for the Truth

THE PROWL

THE PROWL

Teacher Profile – Madisyn Graham

Ms. Graham

Q: What made you decide to become a PE teacher?

A: I’m a pretty active, high energy person, so naturally that teaching role lifestyle fit my energy the best. I also enjoy promoting health and wellness for students.

Q: What did you study in college to become a teacher?

A: So, I studied K-12, Heath and Physical Education. A lot of the classes consist of kinesiology classes, biology classes, as well as, you know, the education classes.

Q: What is your favorite part of being a teacher?
A: Just the kids, just to have to have relationships with them. Whether they enjoy Physical Education or not, I try to create a space where they can be themselves, feel like they’re safe, and build close relationships.

Q: Where did you go for College
A: Indiana University of Pennsylvania–No affiliation with Indiana University. It’s up in Pennsylvania right outside of Pittsburgh

Q: How long have you been a teacher?
A: I’ve been a teacher for the past four years, [this is my] first job right out of college , Mr. Gabriel was actually my Principal in high school; I went to John Champe High School. So when I found out he was opening a new school, I was a sophomore in college, cause you know they announce which high schools would be opening up a few years in advance. And so, I kept it on my radar, so when I started applying for jobs, he was the first person I reached out to, and was like “you know what, we don’t even have the other assistant principals yet, but when it comes to hire Health and Physical Education teachers, I’ll be sure to reach out.”

Q: Do you have any pets?
A: I do have a pet! I have a puppy, just got a puppy, he’s 10 weeks old [as of Oct 4th], and I just got him two weeks ago.