THE PROWL

On the Prowl for the Truth

THE PROWL

THE PROWL

2024 Indy Film Festival: “The Alien”

The Alien film poster
The Alien film poster

The 2024 Indy Film Festival introduces 6 new films made by students in the film class, one of them being “The Alien” starring Ev Havoli, Gabbi Prichett, Grace Machen, and Mickey Keller. The actors worked on the film as well as the editors Aanya Dayma and Allie Adamson. Others credited are Sayge Jaffe, Abhigna Yanaganti, and the director Ev Hallan.  The Alien is about a student who comes in contact with a mysterious box.

What makes this film so unique is the stylistic elements of it. The complete 180 from a mysterious and eerie environment in the beginning of the film to the happy and fun montage of the protagonist and alien bonding gives the film character. The music in the background perfectly matches the feel of the film in this moment as well as throughout the film in general. The alien itself also brings a fun and unique addition to the film. The choice to give the alien its own voice and text is definitely a positive standout of the film, and helps to make the film memorable to anyone that watches it. Overall, the film was a wonderful part of the Indy Film Festival and Indy looks forward to what the class produces in the next film festival.